Dining In: Local Restaurant Recipes
« Back to the list
||Q Restaurant & Bar
|# of Servings:
- 2 ounces sweet butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 bananas, halved and sliced
- 3 ounces Myer's dark rum
- 40 Nabisco Nilla Wafers
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 9 egg yolks
- 6 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon banana essence
- Melt butter and brown sugar in saute pan until bubbling.
- Add sliced bananas and flambe with rum.
- Pour into a bowl and allow to cool.
- Spoon a quarter cup of mixture into each of ten serving bowls.
- Place three Nilla Wafers on top of each mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl, measure white sugar, flour and salt.
- Add egg yolks and stir; slowly add the milk while mixing to prevent lumps.
- Place mixture over boiling water, stirring constantly until thickened to
desired pudding consistency.
- Add vanilla extract and banana essence and immediately pour over the wafers
in each bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least six hours.
- Serve with whipped cream and garnish each bowl with a Nilla Wafer.