Dining In: Local Restaurant Recipes
« Back to the list
|# of Servings:
- Meat of 1/2 coconut, grated
- 1 ounce green chiles
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 ounce ginger
- 1 cup yogurt
- 4 ounces zucchini
- 4 ounces green banana
- 4 ounces butternut squash
- 4 ounces carrots
- 4 ounces potatoes
- 4 ounces string beans
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 pinches fenugreek seeds, roasted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 10 whole red chiles
- 2 pinches cumin seeds, roasted
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- Place coconut, green chiles, cumin seeds and ginger in blender and grind
- Stir in yogurt.
- Cut all vegetables into bite-size strips or pieces.
- Heat oil and saute vegetables with turmeric and salt.
- Cook until tender but still firm.
- Add yogurt paste and simmer for five minutes.
- Sprinkle with fenugreek seeds.
- Temper whole red chiles, roasted cumin seeds and curry leaves briefly in
very hot coconut oil.
- Pour seasoned oil over vegetables and serve hot.