Dining In: Local Restaurant Recipes
« Back to the list
||Will Morton's Rotisserie
|# of Servings:
- 1 1/2 cups mirin or sake
- 1 cup sweetened rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 teaspoon roasted prickly ash (Szechuan) peppercorns
- 1 cup light sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
- 4 cups chopped napa cabbage hearts
- 4 cups chopped baby bok choy
- 4 tablespoons chopped leek (white part only)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a food processor, blend sake, rice wine vinegar, sugar, white miso and
prickly ash peppercorns for two minutes.
- Slowly add sesame oil.
- Once oil is completely incorporated, add sesame seeds.
- Chill dressing for twenty-four hours.
- In a bowl, combine chopped napa cabbage, baby bok choy and leeks.
- Add dressing a little at a time while mixing.
- Season sparingly with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with a pinch of toasted sesame seeds.
Note: Use only as much dressing as you wish. The more you add, the stronger