Dining In: Local Restaurant Recipes
« Back to the list
Apple, Apricot and Pecan Crumble
|# of Servings:
- 2 pounds Rome Beauty,Macoun or McIntosh apples, peeled, cored andcut into
one-inch pieces (about 5 cups)
- 3/4 cup diced dried apricots
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the apples, pecans, apricots, cinnamon, orange juice and sugar in a
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients except the creme fraiche
or sour cream, working them with your fingers until mixture is crumbly and
- Spoon the apple mixture into a six-cup glass baking dish or gratin dish
and sprinkle the crumble mixture on top.
- Place the dish on a cookie sheet and bake for about thirty minutes or until
the apples are tender when pierced with the point of a knife and the topping
is brown and crusty.
- Serve lukewarm with the creme fraiche or sour cream.