30 Things For Singles To Do In Fairfield County
Whether solo or with friends, there's plenty to do when you're romantically unattached!
Whether you are a veteran or newbie to single life, it's easy to become stumped when looking for new activities. Lucky for you, we know there are tons of interesting things for singles to do in Fairfield County. From sports to art we've rounded up thirty fun things to do in and around our area to socialize and meet new people.
15 Things To Do Solo
- Connecticut Singles: Want to discover new places and expand your social circle? Then Connecticut Singles is exactly what you’ve been looking for. With over 9,000 members, the singles group gathers for fun events where people can mingle and build friendships.
- Meetups: Not ready to try online dating? Meetups are a great way to meet new friends and try something new in a casual, natural setting. Find dozens of meetups in your town by searching the website.
- Philip Johnson Glass House Tour: Take a tour of the magnificent Philip Johnson Glass House. The seven-acre “diary” of extraordinary buildings and world-class art, set in a curated country landscape it's the perfect to learn about and appreciate architecture.
- Dishcrawl: Are you a single foodie looking for other foodies to meet and mingle with? Dishcrawl, founded with the notion that communities can be brought together by food and good company, is the perfect spot to meet your Fairfield County neighbors, while also expanding your palette.
- The Hiking Group: If you’re an outdoor enthusiast then you’ve come to the right place. Every weekend, The Hiking Group takes to the cliffs for a day in the wilderness. Don’t worry if you’re a newbie, the hikes vary in difficulty.
- CT Sports Social Club: You don’t have to be a sports fanatic to join the CT Sports Social Club, but it certainly doesn’t hurt. From golf to tennis to ultimate Frisbee, the social events club is sure to keep you active and healthy.
- 55 Wine Bar: Located in Fairfield, 55 Wine Bar is a great place to snack on some delicious Mediterranean cuisine, sip on a glass of wine from the restaurant’s extensive selection and socialize in their lively bar area.
- The B:Hive: The B:Hive, located in the heart of Bridgeport, is a place where creative like-minded entrepreneurs and business people join to network and collaborate. Whether you’re a teacher, architect, or writer, you’re sure to have good conversation and company.
- Art Exhibits: Check out the exciting exhibitions at the Bruce Museum in Greenwich, The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum in Ridgefield, and Bellarmine Museum of Art at Fairfield University.
- Cigar Shops: Ladies, want to know where all the men are hiding? Drop into one of the many of cigar shops, such as Connecticut Cigar Company in Stamford, and you are sure to run into some eligible bachelors. (Or, surprise your next date with your extensive cigar knowledge!)
- Dog Walking Trails: It’s been said that dogs make the best “wingmen,” so head to one of the many parks in your neighborhood for a stroll. Our favorites? Mianus River Park, Stamford; Waveny Park, New Canaan; and Winslow Park, Westport.
- Connecticut ConTacts: ConTacts has been sponsoring singles dance parties in Connecticut for over 28 years. So it’s safe to say they know a thing or two about bringing people together.
- CTMatch: Looking for a no pressure singles event? Then try your hand at speed dating. CTMatch puts on fun, casual singles event all across CT.
- Carabineer’s Indoor Climbing: Have you ever thought of rock climbing? Join Carabineer’s Indoor Climbing Meetup. This sport requires a partner so it's the perfect place to meet new people while trying something new.
- American Singles Golf Association: National organization geared toward singles who like playing golf, The American Singles Golf Association holds social hours for some “fun and fellowship.” Not a golfer? Don’t worry — newcomers to the game are always welcome.
15 Things To Do With Friends
- Chocolate Lab: Sick of going to the same old bars every weekend? Mix it up and head to the café at the Chocolate Lab. Located in The J House in Greenwich, the Chocolate Lab offers fun, delicious classes such as truffle and brownie making.
- Bar Hop: You don’t have to travel to the city to have a memorable night out on the town. Explore the exciting nightlife of downtown Stamford and South Norwalk. From chic lounges to packed dance floors, these cities have it all.
- Ridgefield Playhouse: If live music and stand-up comedians are you’re thing, than look no further than the Ridgefield Playhouse. Grab a bunch of friends and check out any of the upcoming acts such as Rick Springfield and Jay Mohr.
- Fairfield Theatre Company: Whether you’re a musician, actor, writer, or just a fan of the arts, the Fairfield Theatre Company has an impressive line-up of upcoming acts such as Keller Williams and Citizen Cope.
- Webster Bank Arena: The Webster Bank Arena is the go-to venue for sports and music fans. Cheer on the Sound Tigers or check out some of today’s biggest acts.
- Charter Boat Fishing: Gather a bunch of your closest buds and get ready to hit the seas. Charter a fishing boat out of Montauk, NY. Who knows maybe you'll find a great catch (pun intended).
- Sheffield Island: Every summer, the Seaport Ferry in South Norwalk transports hungry passengers to Sheffield Island Lighthouse for the Norwalk Seaport Association's famous Clambake. What could be better than hanging with friends, snacking on this summertime favorite, and sipping drinks?
- Brewery Tour: If you’re a craft beer aficionado then the CT Beer Trail is a must. Gather up a group of your closest friends and explore what tasty treats Connecticut’s breweries have to offer. A little loosening up never hurt anyone!
- The Harbor Brew Fest: Mix and mingle at the ultimate beer-lovers event this fall at The Harbor Brew Fest. It features international, domestic and local beers along with Connecticut’s most popular food trucks and bands.
- Connecticut Wine Trail: Prefer wine over beer? No problem. The Connecticut Wine Trail, comprised of 25 wineries, is a great place to enjoy a great glass of wine with friends amongst some of Connecticut’s most breathtaking views.
- Connecticut Wine Festival: Sample delicious wines from Connecticut’s every own wineries at the Connecticut Wine Festival at Durham Fair. Rub elbows with other singles at the wine education classes conducted by the Wine Institute of New England or make new friends on the Green.
- Trivia Night: Show off your pop culture knowledge at trivia night. Held weekly at some of Connecticut’s best bars, trivia night is always packed with fun, energetic people. Check out trivia night at Burger Bar and Bistro in South Norwalk.
- Acoustic Café: Dim lighting, acoustic music, and small café tables, sounds like the perfect setting to meet someone new. Located in Bridgeport, the Acoustic Café has been touted as the best place to hear local music.
- Spotted Horse: The Spotted Horse in Westport is a bustling place to meet up with friends and enjoy great food and drinks. The neighborhood feel makes it a favorite amongst locals.
- Walrus + Carpenter: You don’t have to travel to the city to experience a truly unique dining experience. Head to Walrus + Carpenter in Bridgeport for some delicious smoked meats and hand-selected craft beers. The community feel makes it a neighborhood favorite and haven for singles.
If you've been to any of the above places and agree that they're great for singles, let us know! Or, comment with your own suggestions. Most of all, have fun!